New York City + Los Angeles
Büro Ehring is seeking a self-motivated individual for our Façade Designer position, who will be responsible for all aspects of building envelope services for existing buildings and new projects. This individual will be able to join our New York City or Los Angeles team and must possess strong technical skills, reliable design sensibility, and a desire to work in a collaborative environment. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to support project managers/leaders, coordinate work with team members, and contribute to creative solutions for project demands and current building requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, and/or Building Science, or equivalent training.
- At least 2 years of experience in building envelope consulting.
- Strong technical abilities and working knowledge of building codes.
- Experience in following 2D and 3D softwares: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, THERM, Window, Microsoft Office Tools, Bluebeam.
- Interested in expanding technical knowledge of building envelope design and ability to take initiative on various project types and decision making
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support project manager/leader and coordinate work with team members.
- Contribute to creative solutions for client demands and today’s building requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to manage complex situations with team members and attentiveness to clients.
- Strong technical skills, reliable design sensibility, and desire to work in a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to produce façade detail drawings and reports, research material performance and building envelope systems, and maximize energy efficiency according project specifications.