Senior Project Engineer/Manager (Structural Engineering)
New York City
In our next Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager, Büro Ehring is looking for a highly motivated structural engineer who will be responsible for the structural analysis and technical execution of high-end projects for prominent clients. This individual will be part of the New York City team and should possess natural leadership qualities with the ability to mentor, support, and drive positive results. The primary responsibilities of the position will be the technical delivery of demanding projects, deliver of overall client satisfaction, and management of projects and clients. A diverse set of past experiences with an exposure to a variety of building and structural types is a plus, and the ideal individual for this position will have a doer/seller mindset with a strong technical foundation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering with an active P.E. license; Master’s Degree is highly preferred but not mandatory, so is a S.E. license.
- A least 6 years of experience in structural engineering on a wide variety of projects through all phases of design and construction. Successful involvement leading project delivery and client management.
- Strong technical background and abilities. Experience with finite element structural software programs and comprehensive practical knowledge of building codes.
- Experience leading and securing projects within the building and specialty structure markets. Capacity to work efficiently with a team and experience in directing junior engineers and staff. A variety of project/client experience is ideal, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is a plus.
- Some initial experience handling both the technical/financial management of projects and business development will be a plus.
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborating and working in a multi-discipline project environment, organizing and leading the engineering through analysis, design, and construction.
- Structural analysis of various building systems and novel design concepts for projects of various kind and size. Prepare finite element structural analysis models for buildings and develop load supporting structural systems and specifications.
- Structural drafting and modeling oversight. Experience with the use of BIM modeling and CAD softwares.
- Coordinating structural design details with architectural and MEP designs. Review shop drawings, RFI’s, and perform site visits during the construction phase.
- Be reasonably autonomous as it relates to problem solving and decision-making connected to client coordination, project management, and directing and guiding projects teams of junior engineers.
- Client interaction and relationship management for current and future projects.
- Participate in general duties geared toward the betterment of the firm and staff advancement such as: attending numerous industry functions to develop new relationships, identify and resolve operational / processes / procedures issues as required.