New York City + Los Angeles
As a structural engineer at Büro Ehring, you will be responsible for delivering high quality solutions and designs in accordance with building standards. This individual will be able to join our New York City or Los Angeles team and must possess strong problem-solving skills, reliable structural design and analysis, and desire to work in a collaborative environment. The primary responsibilities for this position consists of providing assistance and support to project manager/leader, produce accurate and necessary documentation, and meet responsibilities with high level of quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering; Master’s Degree is not mandatory, but preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with following 2D and 3D software programs: SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office Tools, Bluebeam
- Experience with steel, timber, concrete, glass, and masonry design
- Interest in furthering structural engineering career and expanding technical knowledge
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support project manager/leader and coordinate work with team members
- Conduct structural design and analysis; produce accurate documents as needed throughout all project phases (drawings, models, reports, calculations, etc.)
- Coordinate structural design details with architectural and MEP designs
- Excellent communication skills to manage complex situations with team members and clients.
- Ability to take initiative on various project types and decision making and meet project requirements with precision and a high level of quality